I can honestly say that I finally have the hair that I have always wanted! I have been using Rahua Classic Shampoo and Conditioner for two months now, and my generally unruly (neither straight nor curly) hair is now manageable, soft, silky and my scalp is HEALTHY! No more irritation or split ends!
This 100% natural, vegan and gluten-free shampoo contains rahua nut oil – the key ingredient in this hair care line which is extraordinarily small oil molecules that deeply penetrate the hair’s cortex to repair and smooth the cuticle. Other key ingredients include tea, honeysuckle extract, aloe vera, sea salt and raspberry leaf extract.
Here is a little background on my hair: I have a lot of dark thin hair. It is not straight and it is not curly, or wavy. It just seems to have an interesting kink to it (this is the unruly character of my hair). I used to wash my hair every other day because my scalp tends to over produce oil and will look like an oil slick on day three of no shampooing. I also, suffer from scalp psoriasis from time to time. Psoriasis is a common skin disorder that produces raised, red scaly patches. It is itchy, uncomfortable and most active in the humid summer months. What I have learned about hair care, is that healthy, strong beautiful hair starts with your scalp. If your scalp is unhealthy, your hair will likely reflect that. So, after a little research and trial and error, I have come to the happy conclusion that my scalp remains psoriasis free when I use natural hair care products such as Rahua. In the past, I would use medicated shampoos with Salicylic acid or coal tar to relieve the rash and itchiness. However, this was only a temporary fix and the drying effects of these kinds of shampoos made my hair feel like straw.
Luckily, I was introduced to Rahua a couple years back and now it has a permanent home in my shower and hair care regimen!
Here are some things you need to know when using Rahua Classic Shampoo & Conditioner:
- There are no sulphates in Rahua Shampoos, so you will not get that big frothy lather that you may be used to. That’s ok because you don’t need a foam party to get squeaky clean hair. Just a little will go a long way, and if you feel the need to repeat, like I do (because I am a hair spray junkie) then go right ahead. You will notice a few more suds on the second round.
- Give Rahua a chance for at lease 30 days. Yes, it takes that long to see the transformation happen. Like any beauty product, it takes time and consistent use to see any results.
- Condition only the ends of your hair. Rahua Conditioner is super hydrating and quite heavy. Since your scalp naturally produces hydration for your hair (oil), there is no need to condition your scalp.
- Use Rahua Classic Shampoo & Conditioner if you have very dry hair, and Rahua Voluminous Shampoo & Conditioner if you are in real need of a fluffy boost. This formula is much lighter.
- Rahua is perfect for colour treated and over processed hair. There are no harsh ingredients that will strip your hair of colour. If anything, Rahua will help you maintain your colour or highlights a bit longer than usual.
- Follow with Rahua Elixir if your hair is very dry and damaged, the Rahua Finishing Treatment for protection from blow-drying and other heat styling devices and once a week, give your tresses a treat with Rahua’s Omega 9 Hair Mask! A conditioning treatment that injects roots with life and shine as well as helps to preserve colour vibrancy.
- Not convinced yet? Make no immediate commitment then and try the Rahua Jet Setter Kit which includes travel size bottles of both Classic and Voluminous Shampoo & Conditioner.
Have you tried Rahua Hair Care? Share your experience in the comments section below!
The Etiket Insider Beauty Editor