This post is originally from blog.gloprofessional.com
F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel, The Great Gatsby, captivated readers with its complicated love triangle and opulent setting when it was published in 1925. Next, the Roaring Twenties came alive for audiences when the book was put to life by Mia Farrow and Robert Redford in the first movie adaptation in 1974. Now we are anxiously awaiting the newest version of the film to come out this year with Leonardo Dicaprio and Carey Mulligan!
You don’t have to wait for the premier to get your fix of 1920’s glamour. Take a note from the heroine, Daisy Buchanan, and dress as a modern flapper for this year’s Halloween festivities. It’s easier than you think with these fun makeup and style suggestions!
Daisy Buchanan Makeup:
After applying Loose Base for a dewy, 1920’s glow, follow these steps:
1) Place Eye Shadow in Banana on lid from the lash line to brow line.
2) Using the Precision Brow Pencil in Brown, draw a line starting from the inner corner of the crease and pull it to the outer corner.
3) Using the Smudge Brush, lightly blend Eye Shadow in Haze into the taupe line while keeping the crease line thin.
4) With the Smudge Brush and Eye Shadow in Haze in twig, create a thin line on the lower lashline.
5) Draw a medium-thick line on the upper lashline with Cream Eye Liner in Ebony.
6) Only load upper lashes with Water Resistant Mascara and keep the lower lashes clean.
7) Blend Eye Shadow in Banana on lid from lash line to crease.
8) Draw a thin line through brows with a Precision Brow Pencil.
9) Apply Blush in Bare on cheekbones.
10) Apply Blush in Sweet on apples of cheeks.
11) Fill lips in completely with the Precision Lip Pencil in Vino.
Daisy Buchanan Costume: